Belle's Salt and Pepper Calamari
Easy | 0:15 Prep | 0:30 Cook | 4 Servings
500 g squid cut into pieces
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 cup milk
200g dried breadcrumbs
3 teaspoons 'A Little Kick' Salt Blend (or 2 tsp Sea Salt blended with 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes and 1/2 tsp Black Pepper)
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Lightly dust calamari with flour, shaking off any excess.
2. Dip calamari into the combined egg and milk.
3. Combine breadcrumbs and 'A Little Kick' Salt Blend in a shallow bowl and coat calamari in this mixture.
4. Transfer to a plate and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a saucepan and deep fry calamari in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and keep warm in oven.
6. Serve with lemon and aioli or your choice of sauce.
Rosanna's Roast Chicken
Easy | 0:15 Prep | 2:00 Cook | 6 Servings
1.5kg whole chicken
60g butter, at room temperature
3 teaspoons Timeless Salt Blend (or 2 tsp Sea Salt, 1/2 tsp Dried Rosemary, blended with 1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme, Dried Oregano and Garlic granules)
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1 garlic bulb, halved
2 red onions, cut into quarters
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Run your fingers under the skin of chicken to create a pocket between the skin and meat.
2. Halve 1 lemon and reserve. Cut remaining lemon into 4 wedges. Combine the butter and Timeless Salt Blend
3. Press the butter mixture into the chicken pocket. Place sprigs of fresh rosemary and 3 lemon wedges in the chicken cavity.
4. Place chicken in a roasting pan. Squeeze over remaining lemon wedge. Drizzle with oil. Place halved garlic bulbs around chicken. Roast for 1 hour or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
5. Preheat a chargrill on medium. Cook onion and reserved lemon halves for 3-4 minutes or until charred. Serve with the chicken.
Vina's Cajun Wedges
Easy | 0:05 Prep | 0:55 Cook | 4 Servings
4 baking potatoes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon Smokin' Hot Salt Blend (or 1/2 tsp Sea Salt blended with 1/2 tsp of Paprika, Cayenne Pepper and Garlic)
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Grease a baking sheet.
2. Cut each potato into 12 wedges; place in a large bowl.
3. Toss potatoes with olive oil, garlic, pepper and Smokin' Hot Salt Blend. Arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn potatoes over and continue baking until golden and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes longer.
5. Serve with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.
Emanuel's Roast Pork
Medium | 0:10 Prep | 2:00 Cook | 8 Servings
2kg boned and rolled shoulder of pork
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoons Rub It Up Salt Blend (or 1/2 tsp Sea Salt blended with 1/2 tsp of Dried Sage & Fennel Seeds)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 fennel bulbs, trimmed, sliced
3 granny smith apples, cored, sliced
355ml bottle dry apple cider
1. Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced.
2. Using a sharp knife, score pork skin at 2cm intervals. Rub with 1 tablespoon oil and Rub It Up Salt Blend. Note: Add plain sea salt to skin if required.
3. Heat remaining oil in a flameproof baking dish over high heat. Add pork. Cook, turning, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
4. Reduce heat to medium. Add butter garlic and fennel bulbs to dish. Cook, stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
5. Add apple and cider. Bring to the boil. Cook, scraping base with a wooden spoon, for 1 minute. Add pork. Cover. Transfer to oven.
6. Roast for 2 hours or until pork is cooked through and juices run clear when pierced with a skewer. Cover. Rest for 15 minutes.
7. Serve with fennel mixture.